P1 - Miss Brown
WELCOME TO P1 with Miss Brown!!
Well done to all the Primary One children who have settled in so well. A big thank you to parents for all your support so far. It is much appreciated!
Already the children have made lots of new friends and have learnt many new skills.
The children have been learning;
- to sort, match, count and recognise numbers within 10
- make sets and patterns
- pre writing and pre reading skills
- to make class rules and be a good friend
- all about People Who Help Us in our home, school and community
In Primary One it is important to encourage the children to be independent. As parents you can help by;
- encouraging your child to get dressed in the morning
- letting your child carry his/her own bag to school
- encouraging your child to put on his/her own shoes
- saying good bye to your child at the entrance doors
What to bring each day
- School bag
- Reading folder
- 1 healthy snack for break
- Lunch in lunch box
- Dinner money – collected on a Monday